Weather you have already booked your personal branding session or are thinking of doing so I’m so excited for you! This is a big step for your business and I want to help in any way I can. One of the most asked questions I receive is “What do I wear?” My goal for any personal branding session is to create a scene that brings to life a meeting with your brand. Below i’ve listed my top 5 wardrobe tips for your personal brand photo shoot. Your wardrobe should evoke the the feelings of being professional and modern but most importantly it should represent YOU.
- WEAR SOLID COLORS
- Prints are always fun and light but they can also be distracting in photographs, taking the attention away from YOU as the focus of the image.
- WEAR CLOTHES THAT FIT WELL
- Avoid wearing clothing that’s too loose, slouchy, or skin tight. The clothes you choose to wear should be properly fitted, compliment your figure and on brand with your business.
- ACCESSORIZE YOUR OUTFIT
- As you probably already know by now i’m a sucker for a cute hat! Accessories like hats and jewelry can really elevate an outfit to the next level, making you look even more stylish and polished than your regular day-to-day look. *pro-tip; remember less is more with jewelry.
- WEAR YOUR BRAND COLORS
- It’s always a good idea to incorporate your brand colors into your wardrobe, anything from a blazer to a scarf or even a necklace with a more neutral outfit. Let’s not forget why you’re having this photo session done in the first place 😉
- BRING WARDROBE OPTIONS
- The goal is to get as much out of a single photo shoot as possible, so make sure to bring multiple pre-styled looks to change into. Bringing some dressier and more casual looks with you can help highlight your professionalism, individual personality and sense of style. *pro-tip; bringing a jean jacket or sweater to throw on-top of one outfit can quickly turn that outfit from 1 looks to 2 with minimal prep time on your end.
Need a little more inspiration? You can check out my Pinterest Brand Photo Shoot Prep board HERE. Have any tips of your own? Comment below and let’s help one another out!
Until next time friends, Stay inspired!